We're an eclectic Low Power FM radio station serving the city and some surrounding communities. Programming is largely in English but with important blocks of Bahasa Indonesia, Nepali, Mexican Spanish and other languages. We are in a timeshare arrangement with three stations operating out of the Germantown section of the city, and broadcast 60 consecutive hours beginning midnight every Monday. Use the button below to support our work.
... is a long and sordid tale spanning 5 years. Click this link to listen to a 1 hour 45 minute interview by Dr. Margaret J King from the Center for Cultural Studies & Analysis of station founder Chris Randolph. This explains all in excruciating detail. Ignore the Google Drive message about the file being too large to scan; it's an mp3, & perfectly safe to play in your browser or download.
Enjoy! Some files owing to size were easier to host off-site. Please let us know about any dead links. These include:
- Greg Marshall and Charles McQuilken of IAFF Local 22, the Philadelphia Fire Fighter and Paramedic Union, speaking on their jobs, fire department budget cuts & restorations through the Nutter & Kenney administrations and how this affects us all
- 2019 Philadelphia City Council At Large candidate Drew Murray
- 2019 Philadelphia City Council At Large candidate Justin DiBernadinis
- WOOM-LP's look at the 40th anniversary of the Three Mile Island disaster
- 2019 Philadelphia City Council At Large candidate Beth Finn
- 2019 Philadelphia City Council At Large candidate Vinny Black
- 2019 Philadelphia City Council At Large candidate Eryn Santamoor
- 2019 Philadelphia City Council At Large candidate Deja Lynn Alvarez
- Friends of the Free Library veteran Laura McColgan on library random closure issues / reduced scheduling and how to fight it
- The way we're broadcasting 5th District PA candidate Mary Gay Scanlon walking out of our October pre-general election interview because we asked her about foreign policy (!) is via this intro where you should start listening for context, the nub of an interview itself, then an examination of the extensive set of domestic Qs we had prepared for Ms. Scanlon... given her being an employee of the powerful Ballard Spahr law firm where her husband is chair and which has given six figures of funding to her campaign
- Filitalia International's Nick Santangelo's interview with Dr. Luca Cottini of Villanova University regarding the Italian Innovators podcast project
- Jon Geeting from Philadelphia 3.0, discussing the Kenney Administration's change to block party application procedure with troubling results, with additional review of shake ups within the city's Democratic Party at ward level
- 2018 PA 5th District Democratic primary candidate Lindy Li
- 2018 PA 5th District Democratic primary candidate Molly Sheehan
- 2018 PA 5th District Democratic primary candidate Larry Arata
- 2018 PA 5th District Democratic primary candidate Rich Lazer
- Susan McAninley of the Pier 53 Philadelphia immigration project - this was the first thing we ever recorded using the studio equipment, and poorly, Chris' voice has some Charlie Brown's teacher-style distortion in this file although it sounded normal live going out to listeners
WOOM-LP's licensing documents, logs and political file are available for public inspection as per FCC regulation 8am-4pm Mon-Thur or by appointment. Advance notice appreciated.
1701 Mc Kean St, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania 19145, United States